One of my favourite snacks to make are my apple peanut butter protein bites! Peanut butter is a great source of protein, while apples contain a healthy amount of fiber which will keep you feeling full for longer! 💪🏼
Not to mention, my protein bites contain absolutely no preservatives, artificial colourants or flavours like most store bought granola bars. Even energy bars marketed as “healthy” contain an unnecessary amount of sugars and “natural flavours” which aren’t always vegan friendly.
I also love that they’re no bake and only take about 10 minutes to make!
Here’s what you need:
- 4 apples
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 generous tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- About 2 tablespoons seed mix (I used flax and chia)
- Cinnamon (optional)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serving size: makes about 12 energy bites
- Start by grating the apples using a grater.
- In a large bowl, combine the grated apples, large flake oats, peanut butter, maple syrup and seed mix. Mix using your hands.
- Form mixture into about 12 bite sized balls and put aside on a plate.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon- all done!
- Store in your fridge for up to 3 days to enjoy whenever you want to snack!
- You can also use other seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin or even walnuts! Make sure to just have fun with it and customize your bites to just the way you’d like! 😋
Be sure to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram for more recipes & healthy lifestyle tips! ✨